Phd (Computer Science)
PhD is the highest degree awarded in an academic discipline and is the most satisfying and rewarding educational experience. Students work closely with a faculty member,
performing original research, and tackling challenging and unsolved problems.
The department offers PhD degree with the research emphasis on the following research groupsHuman Information Interaction
This research group investigates all aspects of information usage by humans. The research focus varies for information seeking behavior, Information Interaction Techniques, Storage and Retrieval models/frameworks for structured and unstructured information,
and information services for human information needs.
Contact Person: Dr. Shuaib Karim
The focus of this research group is on the analysis of data, metadata and knowledge using supervised and unsupervised mining algorithms. The target areas will be software architecture, web services and overlay networks. The main goal is to process related and uncorrelated facts and extract meaningful contextual knowledge for quality decision making.
Contact Person: Dr. Onaiza Maqbool
Networking and Communication
This group investigates the applied aspects in the domains of networking, communication, security and privacy. The research group focuses on a number of areas including but not limited to computer networks, distributed systems, mobile Agent-based distributed systems, routing protocols, peer-to-peer computing, security and privacy, intrusion and anomaly detection systems, data leakage prevention, computer criminology, key management schemes, trust management, internet of Things, smart homes and smart cities, pervasive computing, wireless sensor networks, cloud computing, architectural, efficiency, security and privacy issues, distributed web services, security & privacy issues in web 2.0, performance issues in web services, trust in learning management systems, formal modeling and analysis, statistical modeling, social network analysis, and structural and behavior modeling and analysis of distributed protocols and systems.
Contact Person: Dr. Muazzam Khattak
- When will PhD admissions open?
- PhD Admissions are announced twice in a year (Spring and Fall semesters).
- What is the format of PhD admission test?
- PhD admission test is a subjective type test, based on core areas of Computer Science. The test is designed to evaluate the knowledge of the applicant in Computer Science core subject areas. The format is similar to our MPhil test (sample provided at http://qau.edu.pk/tests/cs-mphil-test.pdf), but is expected to be more rigorous.
- What is the duration of PhD admission test?
- Duration of admission PhD admission test is 120 – 180 minutes.
- How can I apply for PhD admission?
- For PhD admission, you can apply online by visiting the university website http://ugadmissions.qau.edu.pk/
- Can I study part time in my PhD?
- No, PhD program is a full-time program.
- What is the fee structure?
- In order to know more about fee structure of PhD program, please visit http://qau.edu.pk/phd-fee-structure/
- What is the duration of PhD?
- Minimum duration of PhD studies is 3-years whereas maximum is 7-years.
- Do I need NOC for getting admission in case of being employed?
- Yes, you have to provide NOC from employer at the time of application form submission and study leave notification is required after securing admission.
- How can I see the courses being offered?
- In order to know more about courses, click here
- What is the duration of course work?
- Students must take course work of 18 credit hours preferably in first year.
- Will there be comprehensive exam?
- There will be comprehensive exam based on Computer Science subject areas.
- From where I can see the faculty profiles?
- In order to know more about faculty profile, click here
- Do I need to contact potential supervisor?
- It is recommended to visit faculty profiles and communicate with the potential supervisor before applying for PhD admission.
- Is it required to submit a PhD synopsis with the admission form.
- Yes, the synopsis writeup helps us to determine your area of interest and assign a supervisor from the relevant area.
- When is a PhD supervisor assigned?
- PhD supervisor is assigned at the time of admission