MS (Data Science)
Data Science has become an important due to the need for analyzing and understanding ever increasing data generated by a multitude of sources. By getting admission in the MS programme applicants will not only improve their qualifications but will also be equipped with the latest knowledge in the field. The students will be exposed to different aspects of data science including programming, data structures, and algorithms for data science, data analysis and visualization, and big data analytics. These aspects will provide the students the opportunities to effectively work in local and international markets as well as to pursue a PhD degree in data science.
MS (Data Science) Part Time (with 6 credit hours per semester)
Quaid-i-Azam University is keen to serve the community and is providing an opportunity to those who are working in the related fields and may not be able to attend a full time post graduate programme. Classes will be held in the evening after 5pm. By getting admission in the programme applicants will not only improve their qualifications but will be equipped with the latest knowledge and techniques in the field of information studies
The main objectives of the programme are to enable students to:
- Analyze and solve problems related to data for local and international markets
- Effectively use appropriate techniques and tools used in data science
- Learn state of the art technologies associated with data science
- Pursue a PhD degree in data science or associated disciplines
- Students must have completed 16 years of education, either BS (4 years) or MSc in computing related disciplines (CS, IT, SE), OR
MS programme consists of 30 credit hours. Each course is of 3 credit hours and there are 2 compulsory courses and a number of optional courses.
MS (Data Science) programme with 2 options:
- 24 credit hours for the course work and 6 credit hours for project/thesis
- 30 credit hours for the course work