- Quaid-i-Azam University in "Computer Science" ranked 201-250 worldwide and first in Pakistan by Times Higher Education Rankings 2022
- Quaid-i-Azam University in "Computer Science and Information Systems" ranked 301-350 worldwide by QS Rankings in 2022
- Quaid-i-Azam University ranked 301-400 in "Computer Sciences - Engineering" by Shanghai Rankings 2021
- Dr Khalid Saleem received a PKR 9.3 Million funding from NCBC (HEC) for his project
- Dr Muddassar Azam Sindhu received a PKR 2.1 Million funding from HEC for his project
The Department of Computer Sciences was established at Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad in 1976. The main objective of establishment of the department is to produce Computer Scientists in order to meet the growing demand for computer professionals in the country. The M.Sc. and MPhil Programs have been highly successful. Our graduates have attained higher degrees from developed countries and are working in national and international organizations. The department offers PhD, MPhil, MS (Information Science & Technology), BS and M.Sc. degrees. Each degree program has a specific objective and focus. The course of study and syllabus for each degree is updated and is inline with its objectives.