- QAU Orientation Booklet 2023-2024 has been published
- Students from CS Dept got first positions in On Spot Programming and Hackathon competitions in the 8th ExcITe Cup organized by CUST, Islamabad
- The MS (Data Science) program will be offered in Fall 2023
- CS Alumni Annual Event 2022 was held in December 2022 in Marriott Islamabad
- Quaid-i-Azam University in "Computer Science" ranked 201-250 worldwide and first in Pakistan by Times Higher Education Rankings 2023
- Quaid-i-Azam University in "Computer Science and Information Systems" ranked 351-400 worldwide by QS Rankings in 2023
- Quaid-i-Azam University ranked 201-300 worldwide in "Computer Sciences - Engineering" by Shanghai Rankings 2022
The Department of Computer Sciences was established at Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad in 1976. The main objective of establishment of the department is to produce Computer Scientists in order to meet the growing demand for computer professionals in the country. All the programs have been highly successful. Our graduates have attained higher degrees from developed countries and are working in national and international organizations. The department offers PhD (Computer Science), MPhil (Computer Science), MS (Information Science & Technology), MS (Data Science), and BS (Computer Science) degrees. Each degree program has a specific objective and focus. The course of study and syllabus for each degree is updated and is inline with its objectives.