Faculty > Akmal Saeed Khattak Akmal Saeed Khattak
HEC Approved Supervisor
of Leipzig, Germany)
M.S. (CS) (FAST-NUCES,
Former Organization: Research
Group: ASV - Automatische Sprach
Room # 223, Department of Computer Sciences,
Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
My area of research include
- Information Retrieval
- Machine Learning
- Text Mining
- Natural Language
- Recommender Systems
- CS-869: Advanced Topics in Machine Learning (Spring 2016)
- CS-652: Advanced Analysis of Algorithms (Fall 2019)
- CS/IS-675: Information
Retrieval Systems (Fall 2016, Fall 2015, Spring 2019)
- CS-302: Introduction to Computing Theory (Spring 2016, Spring, 2017, Spring 2019)
- CS-355: Object
Oriented Programming (Fall 2014)
- CS-403: Information Systems (Fall 2014)
- CS-452: Analysis and Design of Algorithms (Spring 2015, Fall 2018)
- CS-101: Introduction to Computers (Fall 2015, Fall 2018, Fall 2019)
- CS-102: Introduction to Programming (Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Spring 2016)
- CS-105: Problem
Solving and Programming (Fall 2016)
- CS-311: Analysis and Design of Algorithms (Fall 2018)
- CS-331: Theory of Automata (Spring 2019)
- Current M.Phil.
- Mahjabeen Rashid
- "Fake Reviewers Group Detection Using SNA Techniques"
- Bizza-tul-Hassan -
"Election Prediction using Sentiment Analysis on Twitter Data"
- Maryam Ahmad -
"A Network based Approach to Detect Fake News"
- Izzah Salam -
"Detection of Community Problems"
- Current B.S. Students
- Wardah Khan - "TourDePak"
- IfzaGul - "ShahZore-Android App"
- Ali Khan -
"Stock Market Prediction using Machine Learning Techniques"
- Sitwat Salim -
"News Archive and Retrieval"
- Talha Shahzad -
- Urwah Hassan -
- Successfully Completed M.S./M.Phil./Ph.D. Thesis
- Anum Zehra
- "Graph based Keyword Extraction Technique to Improve Patent Classification"
- Jay Kumar -
"Fake Review Detection Technique using Contextual and Behavioral Features"
- Successfully Completed M.Sc. Students
- Iqra Yaseen
- "Pak-Rider: Web-based Vehicle Sharing Application"
- Samia Zahid
- "Pak-Hotel Villa: A web-based Cheap Hotel Finder"
- Umair Malik - "Spam
- Khizra Malik -
"Pak-Classic Videos Archive"
- Naila Naz
- "Android Based Tic Tac Toe Game"
- Farwa Dilshad
- "Android Based Ludo Game"
- Tahir Mehmood -"Android Based Places Finder"
- Noor-al-Ain -
"Product Rating Based on Reviews"
- Syeda Kehkeshan
Bukhari - "Android Based Caram Board
- Muhammad Ali -
"Stock Market Share Analyzer"
- ArifUllah - "Scheduling
Timetable Using Graph Coloring Technique"
- Samreen Satti
- "Android Based Lost and Found Application"
- Oniba Khan - "Android
Based Image Password Application"
- Asma Ambreen - "BirdZella"
- Successfully Completed B.S. Students
- Ahmad Ilyas - "QAU CS Department Alumni
- Zeeshan Ali Satti - "Web Based Application for Comparison
- Ateeq-Ur-Rehman - "Archiving Official
- Suleman Tanveer
- "Legal Document Search Engine"
- Abdul Samad Abbasi - "Newser"
- S. Bashir and A. S. Khattak, “Producing Efficient Retrievability Rank of Documents using Normalized Retrievability Scoring Function”, in Journal of
Intelligent Information Systems, September 2013.
- M. Babar, S. Javaid, A. S. Khattak and Amjad, “Toward Energy Efficient Data Management Design for Sustainable Cities and Societies”, published in Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, 29 November 2019.
- M. Babar, A. S. Khattak, F. Arif and M. U. Tariq, “An Improved Framework for Modeling of Data Warehouse Systems Using UML Profile”, accepted to be published in International Arab Journal of Information Technology.
- M. Faisal, A. Hameed and A. S. Khattak, “Recommending movies on user’s current preferences via deep neural network”, accepted to be published in the 15th International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET), December 2-3, 2019 – Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Maha Saddal, Umer Rashid and Akmal Saeed Khattak, “A Browsing Approach to Explore Web Image Search Results”, accepted to be published in the 22nd IEEE International Multi Topic Conference 2019 (IEEE INMIC 2019), November 29-30, 2019 – FAST-NU Islamabad, Pakistan.
- F Imran, RA Abbasi, MA Sindhu, AS Khattak, A Daud and T Amjad, “Finding Research Areas of Academicians using Clique Percolation”, in the 14th International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET), November 21-22, 2018 – Islamabad, Pakistan.
- A. S. Khattak and G. Heyer, “Exploiting
Co-Occurrence of Low Frequent Terms”, in the conference proceeding
ICMMI (International Conference on Man Machine Interaction) 2013 by
Springer-Verlag in the series Advances in
Intelligent Systems and Computing, October 22-25, 2013 – Brenna, Poland.
- A. S. Khattak and G. Heyer, “Significance
of Low Frequent Words in Patent Classification using IPC hierarchy”,
in the Lecture notes of Informatics (LNI), in the proceedings of 11th
International Conference on Innovative Internet Community Systems I2CS
2011, June 15-17, 2011 – Berlin, Germany.
- A. S. Khattak and G. Heyer, “Significance
of Low Frequent Terms in Patent Classification”, in the proceedings
of Sixth International Multi-Conference on Computing in the Global
Information Technology ICCGI 2011, June 19-24, 2011 – Luxembourg.